The Charlotte Bobcats fell to the Houston Rockets this evening by a score of 83-96.
Josh McRoberts led the Bobcats in scoring with 15 points.
– The Bobcats started strong, leading the Rockers after the first quarter after a great start by Kemba Walker. Walker had 8 points in the first quarter.
– Michel Kidd-Gilchrist seems to have regressed. He has absolutely no confidence in his shot right now, and it shows. Other teams know this, and have adjusted their gameplans accordingly.
– Al Jefferson showed some rust, but ended up with 13 points and 8 rebounds. Once these guys build chemistry, this could be really fun to watch on the offensive side of the court. Defensively, Jefferson is a downgrade from Biyombo. Rockets Center Dwight Howard dominated the paint in terms of rebounds and scoring, and Jefferson was not a factor on the defensive end. This will be a focal point of my observations going forward this season.
– Jeff Taylor had an off night, shooting just 1-6 from the field.
– Rookie Cody Zeller had a quiet NBA debut, scoring 2 points and snatching 4 rebounds in just 15 minutes of action.
– The man of the evening was McRoberts. Scrapping for rebounds and loose balls, hitting three pointers and zipping solid passes toteammates. “McBob” finished with 15 points, 4 rbs, 3 assists, 1 steal and 1 block in 29 minutes of action.
– the Bobcats shot just .367 from the field tonight, and lost the rebounding battle by nearly 20. Anytime that happens, you are going to lose.